List:       freebsd-advocacy
Subject:    Antique books and manuscripts, off to Dubai
From:       "Inlibris" <office () inlibris ! at>
Date:       2007-11-28 6:11:42

Yesterday, a dozen heavy trunks with rare books, prints, and manuscripts from the \
15th to 20th centuries left Vienna, Austria, for Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. \
Inlibris Gilhofer Nfg., dealers in rare books and manuscripts, established in 1883 \
and regular suppliers to major national libraries, universities, and museums \
worldwide for more than a century, will be the only participating rare book dealer at \
the inaugural Dubai International Fine Art and Antiques Fair.

Our offer will include the most beautiful and valuable illustrated books on natural \
history (including marine life, falconry, horsemanship, birds, and flowers), history \
of civilization (including the most comprehensive work on the 17th-century wars), \
science (including a complete copy Diderot's Encyclopedie, formerly in the possession \
of Napoleon's son-in-law, and the great classics of medicine and pharmacology), and \
geography (including a perfect copy of an atlas published in the late 15th century), \
as well as art and architecture books from five centuries. Furthermore, we will be \
showing several Arabic manuscripts (including an early 16th-century miniature Koran) \
and an impressive collection of early Arabic printing (including the first oriental \
manuscript to be reproduced in facsimile in 1676). Local prints, maps, and historic \
photos will also be on view during the fair.

Our illustrated catalogue describes some of these objects in greater detail. Its \
digital version may be consulted on \
http://www.rarebooksandautographs.com/content/english/bestand/auswahlkatalog.php \
Although the fair will be taking place in mid-december, reservations and orders are \
already welcome now. Those of you interested in free admission to the fair (opening \
on the 12th of December at the Dubai Convention Center) or a private meeting with our \
staff please contact us in advance via e-mail.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Hugo Wetscherek
Antiquariat INLIBRIS, Gilhofer Nfg. GmbH
www.rarebooksandautographs.com

INLIBRIS Ges.m.b.H.
Rathausstrasse 19
A-1010 Wien