List:       freebsd-advocacy
Subject:    Re: BSD User Group Tips
From:       Michael Lucas <mwlucas () blackhelicopters ! org>
Date:       2001-06-18 20:37:32

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 11:29:53AM +0100, Nik Clayton wrote:
> Most definitely -- even a "Here is how I did it, it might not work for you"
> document is a great start, because it provides something that can be
> incrementally improved.

There have never been a shortage of -doc folks willing to DocBookize
plain text files.

I made this point at BSDCon last year, but it's worth repeating:

How to write documentation in 2 steps:

1) Write it so it doesn't suck
2) If it sucks, rewrite so it sucks less

The cooperative FreeBSD documentation process make part 2 *very* easy.
Given a technical clue, any number of folks are willing to provide,
say, grammar.

==ml

--
Michael Lucas