List:       freebsd-advocacy
Subject:    Re: Is FreeBSD for me?
From:       Lanny Baron <lnb () satan ! freebsdsystems ! com>
Date:       2000-12-10 19:30:46

Hi Daniel,
I have been using FreeBSD since '94. Trust me, it's been very hard at times for \
reasons beyond the scope of this message.  Anyway, I started a company which builds \
servers and home user systems, all built upon FreeBSD. The reason I say that is _not_ \
to try to sell you anything. Rather to say that indeed, FreeBSD imho is the finest of \
OS's around. With many new ports for various things, I no longer (for some time now) \
have need for a windoze box, other than to test out file and print sharing. You can \
run linux programs with FreeBSD by installing /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base.

Yes I truly advocate the use of FreeBSD and spreading the "good news" about FreeBSD's \
strengths. In actuallity, you have nothing to loose, but a lot to gain in tryingit \
out.

Regards,
--Lanny