List:       freebob-devel
Subject:    Re: [Freebob-devel] vendor relationship management
From:       sevol <sevol () hemp ! net>
Date:       2008-04-02 11:03:51

sevol wrote:
> andrew wrote:
>> well, you can throw it this way if you can't find a better recipient....
>>
>> Andrew
>>
> Jeez, after what I said, your mentioning setting the input clock for
> S/PDIF with FFADO complicates my issues with the firepod. I'm not ready
> to take back everything I said about it, but I might need to re-evaluate
> the thing :-)

To clear this up before the list dies. I've decided to keep the pod. Not
like I have the kind of $ to just dump it, & the pres are quite OK. I
knew better than to talk about this piece of equipment - what possessed me?

BTW, back to the topic of vendor relationship management, I think I
managed to hold my breath a little better on the Presonus forums &
didn't actively badmouth them like I've done here.

But what do I actually know about vendor relationship management? A
month or more ago, an hour & some minutes after I replied to a post they
sent an email telling me they'd shut it down:

http://forums.presonus.com/showthread.php?t=4369

My nick is loopnode. & I should promise not to speak of the pod ever
again. Well, something down those lines. Rude? I don't get it? Sorry if
I did any damage. It couldn't have been much.

I will probably even send the pod in for repairs someday, but I'd rather
not think about that yet...

Sorry for the noise, Andrew & everyone,

	sevol