List:       freebob-devel
Subject:    [Freebob-devel] Audiophile Firewire (Sorry!!)
From:       "Ellis Percival" <djflyte () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-29 15:14:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi, I know this is a recurring topic, but I'm having a problem with mine
that I haven't been able to find a solution for by trawling the archives of
this mailing list.

I use a firewire PCMCIA adapter which, from the messages I get in dmesg when
I un-plug it and plug it back in, I assume to be working fine. I can plug in
and un-plug the Audiophile from the PCMCIA card, and get normal messages in
dmesg from that, too. Now, I don't know whether it's plugged into port 0 or
1 of the card, but here's the output I get from each when I try to run
jackd:

Freebob using Firewire port 0, node -1
Root node has no children!
Root node has no children!
FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
cannot load driver module freebob
Segmentation fault

-----------------------

Freebob using Firewire port 1, node -1
Error (bebob_light/bebob_light_avdevice.cpp)[96] discover: Could not
enumarate sub units
Root node has no children!
Root node has no children!
FreeBoB ERR: FREEBOB: Error creating virtual device
cannot load driver module freebob
Segmentation fault

Now, the firmware IS loaded on the Audiophile, because I haven't turned it
off since using it on my windows install. If the firmware wasn't loaded, all
the lights would be flashing, and not just the blue power one (I guess?).
I am using version 0.109.0 of jackd and the freebob driver 1.0.7.

I can't run gscanbus because it is in-compatible with GTK2, and won't
compile on my system.

Can anyone suggest the next steps for me to take?

Thanks.

Ellis