List:       freeamp-dev
Subject:    Re: control freeamp through http
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () andamooka ! org>
Date:       2000-12-19 22:55:57

I wrote a simple daemon and a Perl CGI script to accomplish this.  The daemon
accepts simple playlist management commands and commands to play, pause,
advance track, etc. via a FIFO so it's very easy to program.  It works for me!

It's at http://www.andamooka.org/~dsweet and it's called mp3dave.

Dave

On Tuesday 19 December 2000 04:09, you wrote:
> I'm currently working on a small hobby-project, in which I need to control
> an mp3-player using a browser. I know there are plug-ins for WinAmp to do
> that, but I want to use FreeAmp!:-)
>
> Has anybody already done this, or if not, can someone give me a pointer as
> to where to start, since I'm completely new to the FreeAmp source? I've
> started thinking in the terms of making a port-listener as an additional
> UI, which then passes the commands recieved on to the player (since it will
> in fact work as an extension of the user interface in the browser). Or is
> it perhaps better to do it as a plug-in?
>
> I would be grateful for any help you can give me!
>
> Regards,
> Niklas

http://www.andamooka.org
Andamooka: Open support for open content.