List:       freeamp-dev
Subject:    Re: Misrecognition of Songs
From:       "Joseph A. Martin" <martinja () ice-works ! com>
Date:       2000-09-22 1:42:34

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, rob@emusic.com wrote:

> > Uhhm, I tried. I updated both mb_client and freeamp from CVS. I
> > updated FreeAMP as well, because my enhancement "bug" regarding Vorbis
> > metadata was marked fixed. Anyway, I recompiled both (mb_client
> > followed by FreeAMP just for the record) and now it's segfault city.
>
> Uhm. Hmmm. Did you do a make distclean && configure && make on both
> projects? If not, please go back and try that.

Yes, I did that. Third time around, but I eventually tried it.

> If so, try this. Remove vorbis.mdf from the plugins directory. Can you
> do a search now? The vorbis.mdf file is the metadata reader for vorbis.
> Please let me know if this fixes it -- and then if you can figure out
> which file is causing it I'd like to get a hold of that file for some
> testing.

Hhm, yes, that appears to be it. And the lucky winner is -

wait -

no there doesn't appear to be a clear winner. Adding files manually,
one at a time, (what a drag, btw) resulted in two crashes. Different
files each time. The first FreeAMP crashed after I added the 22nd
song. The second time FreeAMP crashed after I added the 32nd song.
After FreeAMP crashed the first time I cleaned out my .freeamp
directory and started at the same place I started the first time.
(Actually I started with the song it crashed on, but when that I added
fine I restarted at the beginning.) It feels like a memory access bug
of some sort rather than a problem with a specific file.

Ball back in your court...

later,
joseph
--
the "LaterDude" @ (martinja@ice-works.com || ICQ #52640402)
http://www.ice-works.com/personal/LaterDude/index.html

All opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer unless otherwise noted.