List:       freeamp-dev
Subject:    Re: NATL: Organizing Internet Audio
From:       David Sweet <dsweet () Glue ! umd ! edu>
Date:       2000-07-13 15:22:47

Ah!  Sorry I didn't catch that the first time around.

I've taken the first baby step toward this with the NATL demo site.
Basically I've mirrored the yp.icecast.com home page in NATL format.  You
can browse it at http://natl.myip.org/~dsweet/Icecast/index.natl  I plan
to add more mirrors as time (and permission) allows.  Once users can be
identified via NATL, customized content could be delivered to the NATL
client.

The goal, of course, is to have the audio content providers using NATL
directly so that their content comes to the user already organized (rather
than necessitating some intermediary index site).  Also, NATL page can
contain meta-data that aids in indexing.

Dave