List:       freeamp-dev
Subject:    Error when building Free Amp on Win 2000
From:       "Nathan Pahucki" <npahucki () bellatlantic ! net>
Date:       2001-11-11 21:15:59

I have several small enhancements I would like to make to FreeAmp, but am
having trouble getting the original source to build. I am using MSVC 5.0 on
Windows 2000.  I have checked out the CVS source, downloaded and placed NASM
in my path, downloaded the SGI STL, put the folder in the INCLUDE directory
path above all others and ran the utility.exe patch. However, I get the
following compile errors:

apsconvert.cpp
..\..\include\iterator(40) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before
'<'
..\..\include\iterator(40) : error C2059: syntax error : '<'
..\..\include\iterator(45) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ',' before
'<'
..\..\include\iterator(45) : error C2059: syntax error : '<'
..\..\include\iterator(47) : error C2995: 'value_type' : template function
has already been defined
        ..\..\include\iterator(40) : see declaration of 'value_type'

This seems to occur for any class that tries to use STL classes.

I have looked around on google's new groups and found plenty of people
getting the same error messages when trying to use SGI STL, but the solution
seems always to have been that the user did not include a 'use namespace
std;' or qualify classes with std::. I figure this can't be my problem since
the source obviously compiles for someone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.