List:       freeamp-dev
Subject:    splitting a saved shoutcast stream per author?
From:       Marc MERLIN <marc_news () valinux ! com>
Date:       2001-09-29 2:24:28

Hi,

First of all, kudos  to the authors of freeamp. I had been  using xmms up to
now, and looked at freeamp for its  better shoutcast support, and I was very
impressed.

My main request is:  can it split a shoutcast stream that  is being saved by
author/title being played (i.e. it'd close  the current file when the server
switches to  a different  file, and  open a new  file called  something like
"servername - author - title.mp3")
If not, does anyone know software for linux that would allow that?
(Apparently http://www.rocketdownload.com/details/inte/steamsave.htm will do
it, but that's for windows)

Also, a non urgent feature request (since it works with artsdsp):
It'd be nice to have output support for arts (KDE sound daemon with built-in
mixer).
(or is there such a plugin already?)

Thanks,
Marc