List:       foundry-nsp
Subject:    Re: [f-nsp] Loading code on XMR before reload
From:       Jethro R Binks <jethro.binks () strath ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2013-07-31 8:55:42

I've also seen issues where simply uploading the software causes
connectivity issues.

The XMR platform, to my mind, seems particularly prone to CPU congestion.
I've dealt with issues relating to SSH, SNMP and multicast all causing CPU
exhaustion, with the result that MRPs and OSPF peerings suffer instability
as a result (some discussed previously on the list).

Some of these issues have been addressed over the last couple of years in
software, but mcast still causes me problems with cpu spikes and MRP/OSPF
flaps -- unfortunately that's partly my own fault by passing through too
many L2 wireless vlans with very chatty mobile devices (UPnP et al)
(medium-term plan to migrate those away).  There was a recent short thread
about this, which I wasn't able to contribute much to beyond saying "me
too".

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.