List:       fossil-users
Subject:    [fossil-users] CI thinks check-in is empty
From:       jungle Boogie <jungleboogie0 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-10-31 23:24:51

Hi All,

I would like this to be my editor on Windows:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe"

I was able to set it up as my editor:
>fossil set editor
editor               (local)  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe"

I wanted to commit a change:
>fossil ci

This opened VS Code and generated a text file in my project directory.
I typed my message, saved and closed. Fossil had moved on long ago and
assumed my check-in was empty and asked if I wanted to proceed:

>fossil ci
Autosync:  http://localhost:8080
Round-trips: 1   Artifacts sent: 0  received: 0
Pull done, sent: 306  received: 772  ip: 127.0.0.1
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft VS Code\Code.exe" "./ci-comment-636BBE9D36FF.txt"

empty check-in comment.  continue (y/N)? n

Fossil opened VS Code in a couple seconds and I started typing my message.

Is it likely VS code is too slow for fossil before it thinks there's
an empty check-in?

What's an editor Widows folks use? I have gvim installed, so I can
switch to that familiar editor if you folks think VS Code is just a
bit too slow for fossil.

Thanks!

--
-------