List:       fossil-users
Subject:    [fossil-users] Bug Report: Square Brackets Illegal at the WYSIWYG
From:       Martin Vahi <martin.vahi () softf1 ! com>
Date:       2017-10-08 7:36:00

Fossil version: 2.2

Reproduction:

step_1)

    Open the WYSIWYG Wiki Editor and write:

    --citation--start---
    range notation as known from math [1, 9999]
    --citation--end-----

step_2)

    Push the "Apply These Changes" button.

step_3)

    Observe how the  [1, 9999] has been converted to a link like

        <URL prefix>/wiki?name=1%2C+9999

Further Comments:

    I failed to get any reliable results by
    playing with the square brackets HTML entities

        &#91;
        &#93;

    I understand that the square brackets have a
    special meaning in the markup editor. Sometimes I've been
    editing those wikis by explicitly writing the
    markup language, but the task of the WYSIWYG Editor
    is to do proper translation between the WYSIWYG view
    and the whatever other format that is being used by the wiki.
    Therefore it's a bug, NOT a feature :->