List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] baseURI $baseurl/$current_page
From:       Richard Hipp <drh () sqlite ! org>
Date:       2016-07-19 18:26:51

On 7/19/16, John L. Poole <jlpoole56@gmail.com> wrote:
> The default text in the Edit Page Header has:
>
> <head>
> <base href="$baseurl/$current_page" />
>
> What is the purpose of defining DOM's baseURI to the
> $baseurl/$current_page?

The page might have been accessed using
$baseurl/$current_page/$extra_stuff, but we want relative hyperlinks
to be processed as if the page had been accessed as
$baseurl/$current_page only, without the $extra_stuff at the end.  (In
the previous sentence, $extra_stuff is not a real TH1 variable.  It is
a place-holder for extra object terms at the end of the input URI.)

D. Richard Hipp
drh@sqlite.org