List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] Move git repo to fossil wiki
From:       Ron W <ronw.mrmx () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-01-19 21:57:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 1:46 AM, Andy Bradford <amb-fossil@bradfords.org>
wrote:

> But  as for  converting from  embedded documentation  to wiki,  I cannot
> imagine it would be too difficult if the markdown is similar.

Fossil wiki markup and Fossil markdown markup are both used for both Fossil
wiki pages and embedded document files that have the extension ".wiki".

Jonathan did not specify if his repos are on github. I don't know how
github's markdown markup compares to Fosil's markdown markup. Whether using
embedded document wiki pages or Fossil wiki pages, it may be necessary to
"massage" the iported wiki pages to work correctly with fossil's wiki
renderers. (as I recall, Fossil uses "libdiscount" to parse markdown markup.

Fossil wiki pages can be created and edited through the command line
interface (see "fossil help wiki"), so creating a script to "convert" them
after import won't be hard.