List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] FossilFS. Was: libfossil + fuse
From:       Stephan Beal <sgbeal () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-25 12:35:40

On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Matt Welland <estiforta@gmail.com> wrote:

> This would be a really sweet addition to fossil. Consider caching under
> /var/tmp or something so that performance is decent.

That could be used as an alternative to a db-side blob cache, but caching
of some form will be necessary because of the streaming and random access
read() APIs (we don't need/can't realy use write support). We can't
random-access most blobs because they're compressed and/or deltified, so
they have to be expanded/cached before use (but can be done lazily, and
most reads will be a series over the same object, so caching the last-read
blob in memory should make access pretty fast).

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/