List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] nginx fronting fossil best practices?
From:       Joseph Prostko <joe.prostko () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-03-23 14:23:18

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Jon <jon.forums@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Also, I'm going to experiment with Upstart a bit now due to this
>> thread.   I admit I've always been an init script kind of guy, but it
>> doesn't hurt to try something new when it is supported on your
>> platform.
>
> re: the future of upstart on ubuntu
>
> http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1316

Well, it seems I managed to miss that news somehow!  I still went
ahead and set up Fossil with the upstart script you provided in this
thread though, just to see how it would compare to a sysv init script.
 It's much more compact, that's for sure.  :)  In any case, I am kind
of glad to see everyone settling on systemd going forward.  I'm quite
used to it on my Manjaro system, so once sysvinit and upstart are
fully phased out (other than on legacy systems), there will be a
common init system I can expect to find, which will be nice.

- joe