List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] Changing metadata on checkins
From:       Andreas Kupries <andreask () activestate ! com>
Date:       2012-07-23 20:56:15

On 7/23/2012 1:51 PM, David Given wrote:
> On 23/07/12 18:03, Richard Hipp wrote:
> [...]
>> You want to use the (undocumented) --user-override USERNAME and
>> --date-override 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS' options, I think.
>
> Thank-you very much! That works fine.
>
> (Although I do need to remember to also use --date-override when
> initialising the repository, or else the initial checkin gets a
> timestamp later than any of the SVN revisions I'm importing, which means
> it's always tip and my script gets deeply confused. I was impressed to
> see the timeline view coping seamlessly with retrocausality, though.)

Note also

% f help test-timewarp-list

Usage: fossil test-timewarp-list ?--detail?

Display all instances of child checkins that appear earlier in time
than their parent.  If the --detail option is provided, both the
parent and child checking and their times are shown.

% f help commands

shows everything, include the test-* commands.

(f is my shortcut to fossil).

--
Andreas Kupries
Senior Tcl Developer