List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] Building fossil on Solaris
From:       Jan Danielsson <jan.m.danielsson () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-02-19 23:36:36

On 02/19/12 23:21, Steve Bennett wrote:
[---]
> So your openssl needs -ldl?

   Not exactly; the problem stems from that zlib doesn't exist as .a
(only .so), so it requires dynamic linking (and dynamic linking needs -ldl).

> You can try the attached patch as a workaround.
> (This will not work for platforms which don't have/need -ldl)

   It solves it for dynamic linking; but I'm specifically looking to
statically link: OpenSSL isn't installed on all systems, and I want to
be able to copy the fossil binary around with as little hassle as possible.

   In practice, with the slight modifications I've done, fossil builds
as I want up until the last link, and it's trivial to copy & paste the
final command line and manually modify it to get it to run properly. So
my goal has been reached. However, I know from previous experience that
I'll forget about the details two months from now when I want to redo it
all, which is why I'm looking for a more automatic solution. :)

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson