List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] C API
From:       Stephan Beal <sgbeal () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2012-01-08 0:11:38

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM, <sky5walk@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe I am being overly simplistic, but I think of fossil as a SQLite
> database that has stored procedures.
> Wouldn't it be easier to extend fossil's command set to SQLite's?

Yes, that's being over-simplistic :). sqlite3 doesn't support stored
procedures. It does support adding custom C functions, and fossil makes
some (but not extensive) use of that. sqlite3 provides the storage layer,
and is used to simplify/farm out some of the main logic, but there is a
large amount of C logic in the app which is essentially independent of
sqlite3.

Spend a few hours poking around in the sources and you'll get a better idea
of what i mean.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/