List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] On the wiki
From:       Jeremy Cowgar <jeremy () cowgar ! com>
Date:       2010-05-16 17:34:00

On 5/16/2010 1:27 PM, Ramon Ribó wrote:

>  Hello,
>
>  As I see that the wiki problem is becoming a hot topic, I would also
> give my opinion. I do not have a strong point here, as we use the wiki
> pages only for short notes, so it is not very important the wiki
> language to be used.

This is simply your opinion as to what a wiki is used for. Look at the
Tcl wiki, the Emacs wiki, Wikipedia, c2.com, clearly none of those are
short notes yet they are all valid uses of a wiki. Each project may use
the wiki differently.

> However, I understand that there are other usage patterns that give
> more importance to it.
>
> In my opinion, the solution is very easy: use the "creole" syntax. It
> is already inside fossil, in a branch. Make it the default for wiki
> pages and use some kind of compatibility mode for the old wiki format.
> Or just let creole also support the old syntax. Are them really
> incompatible?

I'd suggest changing the checkbox option that exists right now "Use HTML
as the Wiki format" to a drop down, "HTML" or "Fossil Wiki" or "Creole".

Jeremy