List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] Shared Logins
From:       Clark Christensen <cdcmicro () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-02-12 0:29:53

Hi Kees,

I understand the issues, and how sessions work.  And I understand all the reasons why \
not to use a shared login.  I've argued them from the other side, too :-)

In this case, what I needed was a quick & dirty, temporary, inside-the-firewall issue \
tracker where a small developer group, and a dozen or two testers could interact in \
the final phase before QA.  Fossil filled the bill admirably.  Since I have been \
using it for my own code projects for 5 or 6 months, it was a snap to set-up, and \
customize.

So, now that I understand it's by design, not being able to use a shared login is \
only a small, soon to be forgotten nit.

I'm a Perl and Javascript guy.  I'd love to be able to modify the source and \
contribute back.  I just don't have the time to learn C enough to make a difference.

 -Clark