List:       fossil-users
Subject:    Re: [fossil-users] fossil-users Digest, Vol 25, Issue 18
From:       bharder <bharder () methodlogic ! net>
Date:       2010-02-10 19:15:27

> Concerning ticket [2b79f36e5a], I agree with the notion.  However,  I would
> take it a bit further and say "issues" rather than "tickets", throughout the
> product.  I would also add a "Todo" type (well, I have in my own projects), as
> Fossil is an excellent way to keep track of meta-issues as well as actual bugs
> or work-items.

Hi... that's actually a checkin. It's also incomplete, but it's been a
peeve of mine to see "problem" as the first introduction to the ticket
system, so I changed it. The rest of that same page itself has references
to "problems" that I'd like fixed, too.

> Comments?

I see "issue" to be nearly the same as "problem", which is why
I went w/ generic "ticket" -- it could be a trouble-ticket, a
feature-request-ticket, or a documentation-ticket - not all are
"problems", or "issues".

That said, I think any tempering of "problem" labels for tickets is
an improvement.

re: "todo" -- would "feature request" not fit the bill?

-bch

--

Brad Harder,
Method Logic Digital Consulting