List:       forrest-user
Subject:    Re: Problems with buttons and transform to PDF
From:       Dave Brondsema <dave () brondsema ! net>
Date:       2004-05-22 5:22:50

David Crossley wrote:
> Timofey Rodionov wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I've got some problems with Forrest and thus I'm writing hoping to
>>find answers to my questions. And the questions are:
>

> I cannot help with the first question, sorry. Perhaps someone else can.
>

>>2)I had a problem which shortly can be explained like this: Tab3-Dir
>>was set to NSS and I stored my files in my-project/content/xdocs/nss
>>accordingly, but then I tried to load my page with images, they did
>>not displayed on the screen. I checked properties of the box at the
>>page, where the image should have been. And I found what it's location
>>my-project/nss. The way I fix it was (I think) not obvious and proper
>>- I edited "resources.xmap" and added following:
>>

>>      <map:match pattern="**nss-images/**.*">
>>
>>        <map:read src="content/xdocs/nss/images/{2}.{3}"
>>
>>mime-type="image/{3}" />
>>
>>      </map:match>
>>
>>After that the images displayed at the web-page and that was what I
>>wanted. But the PDF-button functions now with errors - it's not
>>showing pictures at PDF file. It found the block I need at
>>"document2fo.xsl" concerning imgpath, but I do not want to edit it
>>without any advise.
>>
>>Could you tell me how to change this block, or comment my way to make
>>pictures displaying - it seems to me that it could be done in other
>>fashion.
>

> I gather that you are using version forrest-0.5.1

I have some improvements for PDF generation that will go into SVN after
the code freeze for 0.6 is done.  It should fix the images problem (or
at least help)

> You should not need to changes any "resources.xmap", nor any
> other sitemap, nor any XSL stylesheets. It should just work.
> I think that the images need to be in a relative directory
> called "my-images".

Yes, IIRC, this is the only image location that works right now for PDF.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming