List:       forrest-dev
Subject:    Re: [Skins] whs/lenya skin for 0.7
From:       "Scherler, Thorsten" <thorsten () apache ! org>
Date:       2004-06-30 17:23:07

Sjur Nørstebø Moshagen wrote:
> På 30. jun. 2004 kl. 13.29 skrev Thorsten Scherler:
>
>> Have a look of the tab-select menu. There is no bottom border.
>>
>> When I add &#160; and a new css element (test {border-bottom: 1px;})
>> into the <td/> there will be a bottom border but no border bottom left
>> and bottom right! Please compare
>> http://www.apache.org/~thorsten/prueba2/. That is the reason why I
>> droped the idea of the border bottom because it was not really a nice
>> enhancement of the krysalis site.
>>
>> If you have an idea how to have border there I really would love to
>> try that and if it is working committe it back.
>

> In both cases the border bottom left & right are gone in my browser
> (Safari 1.2), the only difference being the height of the gap. Why do
> you need that <td/> at all? I mean, it looks like you have a decent
> margin without it in any case.
>
> For a suggestion on how to get back the bottom border in your first
> suggestion, have a look at the "Sliding doors" technique (it will only
> require you to change the bottom-left and bottom-right images; beware: I
> don't know if this will influence other parts of the design, and you
> might not like bigger images;) :
>
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors/
> http://www.alistapart.com/articles/slidingdoors2/
>
> This technique will also do away with that extra table in your last
> suggestion.
>
> Sjur

I will give it a try and report back!

Thanks, very much Sjur.

King regards
thorsten

--
<thorsten>
  <name>Thorsten Scherler</name>

<@cocoon-WIKI>http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Scherler</@cocoon-WIKI>
  <http>http://www.target-x.de</http>
  <acronymfinder>http://www.acronymfinder.com</acronymfinder>
  <motto>
	"My task which I am trying to achieve is,
	by the power of the written word,
	[...] to make you see."
	*Joseph Conrad (1857-1924)*
  </motto>