List:       forrest-dev
Subject:    Re: [proposal] Doco
From:       Steven Noels <stevenn () outerthought ! org>
Date:       2003-10-28 15:26:21

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> That is a *very good point* and I think you are perfectly right: we
> should put it into Doco. Any idea on how to do it?

*blush*

In my layman's thinking, I would envision this as some special Woody
widget which generates a random image for display, makes it available
across some session-specific URI and does validation of the associated
verification field on submit. Housekeeping of these temporary resources
will be the main burden, plus some Java2D hacking, which apparently has
been explained in DrDobbs already. Maybe the continuation id can be used
for the temporary URI.

http://james.seng.cc/archives/000145.html seems to be a standalone
Movable Type implementation. Sourceforge is down ATM so I can't check on
the license and usability of the Sapience code.

This doesn't help a lot of course, but as we seem to be converging into
making rich-text editing "just another Woody widget" [1], we might as
well add this one to the list of TODOs for cool Woody/cForms.

[1] Spoiling Bruno's "lonesome hacking cowboy" thought train, I just
want to confirm that he actually started working on this. He's still in
a grumpy "friggin' stupid and unstable web browsers and Javascript as a
development hosting environment" mood, though, so please light a candle
for him. ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org