List:       forrest-dev
Subject:    Re: in place editing of skins and sitemaps
From:       Ross Gardler <rgardler () wkwyw ! net>
Date:       2003-10-25 17:12:17

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> If I make changes to my skin I
>> still need to do it in the build/webapp directory (at least I assume I
>> do since they are stll there).

<snip/>

> It should be easy to do. If you want to tackle it now (I was planning to
> do it in the following days anyhow), look in resources.xmap. That's
> where the skins are resolved.

Attached patch allows skins to be editied in the src directory. It also
prevents skins being copied into the build directory. There is a problem
with the breadcrumbs though. Since the JS file use info from
skinconf.xml (which I assume was copied into the JS when ANT copied
across) we no longer get the breadcrumb info from skinconf.xml.

As a temporary measure I have commented out that section. This means
that breadcrumbs work for directories but not for values in
skinconf.xml. I'm not sure of the best way of fixing this, perhaps
meta-tags or hidden form fields in HTML?

Ross

["patch.tar.gz" (application/x-gzip)]