List:       forgerock-openidm
Subject:    [OpenIDM] Best practice for creating LDAP groups
From:       stefan.mueller-wilken () acando ! de (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Stefan_M=FCller-Wilken?=)
Date:       2014-02-27 8:42:21

Dear all,

I'm currently experimenting with LDAP group creation and think I need a good idea. \
The situation is as follows: I have a source and a target LDAP directory and want to \
sync A to B. User entries in 'A' contain a group name attribute that I want to use \
create distinct groups in 'B' I then want to keep the users in. I.e. create the user \
entry in 'B' and add its CN to one of the groups in 'B', creating it, if necessary. \
When users are removed from 'A', they need to be removed from 'B' and removed from \
their respective group, too.

What is the most efficient way to do this? Has anyone done that before and may be \
willing to share experience? Thanks for your insight!

Cheers
 Stefan

________________________________

Dr. Stefan M?ller-Wilken<mailto:stefan.mueller-wilken at acando.de>

Business Unit Manager Java Consulting

Acando GmbH<http://www.acando.de>

Business Area Nord
Millerntorplatz 1, 20359 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 822259-239
Fax: +49 40 822259-100
Mobile: +49 173 2155804

Acando GmbH, Millerntorplatz 1, 20359 Hamburg, Germany | Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Guido Ahle \