List:       forgerock-openidm
Subject:    [OpenIDM] resource type specific attributes __SOMETHING__
From:       laszlo.hordos () forgerock ! com (=?iso-8859-2?Q?L=E1szl=F3_Hord=F3s?=)
Date:       2012-03-30 17:44:50

Hi Stefan,

Indeed the OpenICF is not well documented but these special names more like a \
functional alias for attributes or object types. OpenICF is a generic connector \
framework and somehow you have to address the object type that represents the "user" \
so you can do if you use the __ACCOUNT__. The connector implementor should recognise \
this type. A good example the LDAP connector where you can create objects and use the \
LDAP object classes. For example if you create an object with type Person or Account \
the connector create an LDAP object with single objectClasses. If you create an \
object with __ACCOUNT__ then the LDAP connector gets the accountObjectClasses \
configuration value will be the objectClasses value.

The __NAME__ and the __UID__ are more complex You can read Name and Uid but I try to \
explain. In the object model you have to have a value which has some special meaning \
like unique id or a name attribute. For example the ActiveDirectory connector is a \
good example. When you call CreateApiOp a User the object MUST contains a __NAME__ \
attribute and the connector will use that as the primary id. When the user is created \
the AD generates a objectGUID and the operation returns this value. This will be the \
__UID__ so next time when you UpdateApiOp operation is called the OpenICF need this \
value.

These name are "aliases" of functional attributes so the connector implementor knows \
which attribute to use.

You can find some example for ScriptedSQL connector here.

All the documentation for OpenICF is available at http://openicf.forgerock.org .

I list some urls because as it is now it's very unorganised.
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/faq.html
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-framework/faq.html
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-framework-contract/faq.html
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/development.html
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-framework-internal/connector_server.html
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-archetype/
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-test-common/usage.html
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-framework-contract/
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-framework-contract/indepth.html
* http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-framework-contract/appendix.html

You can find the original wiki at: \
https://wikis.oracle.com/display/IdentityConnectors/Home

I'm working on some improvements if you take a look into the JIRA you may find some.
https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENICF

Now my priority is a better Maven build process and documentation because I'd like to \
help people who are interested in OpenICF to understand easily the architecture and \
the connector development. If you want to try it out then I suggest to take a look at \
 http://openicf.forgerock.org/connector-archetype

Regards,
Laszlo