List:       forgerock-opendj-dev
Subject:    [Opendj-dev] OpenDJ 2.4.2 is now available
From:       ludovic.poitou () forgerock ! com (Ludovic Poitou)
Date:       2011-04-22 14:13:01

I'm very please to announce the availability of OpenDJ 2.4.2, a patch
release of OpenDJ, the Open source Directory services in
Java<http://forgerock.com/opendj.html>
.

Our new head of ForgeRock Quality Assurance, Gary Williams, has sent
the GO<http://lists.forgerock.org/pipermail/opendj-dev/2011-April/000214.html>
after
the team thoroughly tested the build. A complete test
report<https://wikis.forgerock.org/confluence/display/OPENDJ/OpenDJ+2.4.2+Test+Report>
has
been published on the Documentation wiki.
This micro-release contains several bug-fixes, mostly in the replication
area, improving reliability on network events. Please check the Release
Notes<https://wikis.forgerock.org/confluence/display/OPENDJ/OpenDJ+2.4.2+Release+Notes>
for
the details.

You can install or upgrade * using the Java WebStart
Installer<http://www.forgerock.org/downloads/opendj/2.4.2/install/QuickSetup.jnlp>,
or download the Zip
package<http://www.forgerock.org/downloads/opendj/2.4.2/OpenDJ-2.4.2.zip>
.
An SVR4 package is
available<http://www.forgerock.org/downloads/opendj/2.4.2/opendj.zip>
for
Solaris users, but we've done limited testing on it. It is similar to the
OpenDS package that was available in the past.
A DSML gateway is also
available<http://www.forgerock.org/downloads/opendj/2.4.2/OpenDJ-2.4.2-DSML.war>
for
downloads, for those who want to provide a web service access to their LDAP
directory server.

As usual, we appreciate your feedback. So consider registering to our
mailing lists <https://lists.forgerock.org/mailman/listinfo/> or
participating to the #opendj IRC <irc://irc.freenode.net/#opendj> channel.

Enjoy !

* Please read the Upgrade section in the Installation
Guide<https://wikis.forgerock.org/confluence/display/OPENDJ/OpenDJ+Installation+Guide>
ensure a smooth upgrade from previous releases.
- - -

<http://www.forgerock.com/> *Ludovic Poitou* - ForgeRock France SAS
e: ludovic.poitou at forgerock.com
t: +33 625 14 96 92