List:       forgerock-opendj
Subject:    Re: [Opendj] OpenDj tracking last login time in CEST
From:       Michael_Ströder <michael () stroeder ! com>
Date:       2014-05-20 20:53:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Fabio Falcone wrote:
> Hello, I tried using a custom attribute lastLoginTime set up to match generalized \
> time. Seems to work for me, which is cool because now I can search using Ludo's \
> suggestions on matching against the current time in OpenDJ, an easy way to find out \
> which accounts are active. My question is I can change the time location (time \
> zone) ? Because now is in UTC/GMT but i need CEST zone.
> I use this guide (http://opendj.forgerock.org/opendj3-server-dev/doc/admin-guide/index/chap-pwd-policy.html#example-track-last-login) \

While this might be feasible within OpenDJ server I'd strongly recommend not
to mess around with the time format.

Because you probably don't want time strings *always* with CEST zone. You
rather want the *correct* time *displayed* in your *current* local time zone
(CET or CEST) in whatever client (which one?) you're using.

But this is a client implementation problem for which the client has to deal
with parsing the time strings including time zone information stored in the
string.

I'm pretty sure that most LDAP clients - if doing anything at all with the
time zone - are only capable to parse Zulu time.

Ciao, Michael.

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]