List:       forgerock-opendj
Subject:    Re: [Opendj] OpenDJ 2.6.1 download?
From:       Jeff Blaine <jblaine () kickflop ! net>
Date:       2014-04-15 18:35:20

> Do you use "Comunity releases" in production?

You weren't speaking to me, but we're still at 2.4.6 in production and
with very ... mixed feelings... about being excited and in bed with
OpenDJ VERY early only to have the model change. The packaged 2.4.6 we
downloaded, to the best of my examination skills, is fully
CDDL-licensed according to ./setup and legal-notices/*.

So: "No. Not yet."

> I use 2.5.1-Xpress without problems, and I am a little bit worried about
> updating to "Comunity release" ...

In theory, you should not be worried about using community releases
because you are taking those builds and putting them through a rigorous
set of functional/integration/load tests before targeting them for
rollout to production ;)

Then you can just be "much less worried"