List:       forgerock-opendj
Subject:    [Opendj] Long binding time
From:       ludovic.poitou () forgerock ! com (Ludovic Poitou)
Date:       2013-12-30 17:38:06

Hi Olaf,

It's very unclear what you are referring to.
Are you inducing that there is a problem with OpenDJ SDK vs Apache SDK or
an issue with the OpenDJ server ?

If it's the first case, you might want to use the latest version of the SDK
or search the archive as I believe this has already been discussed.

Regards,

Ludovic.

On Monday, December 30, 2013, Olaf St?wer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> there is a long binding time like 4500 ms and more.
> Is this normal? In ApacheDS SDK it takes less time, or I'm wrong?
>
>     bindRequest = Requests.newSimpleBindRequest();
>                     watch.reset();
>                     watch.start();
>                     connection.bind(bindRequest);
>                     watch.stop();
>                     LOG.info("{} Bind in search: {}",
> serverConfig.getName(),String.valueOf(watch.getTime()));
>                 } else {
>                     bindRequest = Requests.newSimpleBindRequest(
> serverConfig
>                             .getAuthName(), serverConfig.getPassword()
>                             .toCharArray());
>                     connection.bind(bindRequest);
>                 }
>                 watch.reset();
>                 watch.start();
>                 ConnectionEntryReader entryReader = connection
>                         .search(searchRequest);
>                 watch.stop();
>                 LOG.info(" {} Search: {}",serverConfig.getName(),
> String.valueOf(watch.getTime()));
>                 while (entryReader.hasNext()) {
>                     entryList.add(entryReader.readEntry());
>                 }
>

>   INFO  apache1 Bindtime: 4543
>   INFO  apache1 Bind in search: 4505
>   INFO   apache1 Search: 0
>   INFO  Connection is closed
>   INFO  apache1 Bind in search: 4505
>   INFO   apache1 Search: 0
>
> --
> Olaf

- - -
Ludovic Poitou
Product Manager for OpenDJ - ForgeRock France.