List:       forgerock-opendj
Subject:    [Opendj] trying to use opendj sdk will little success...
From:       matthew.swift () forgerock ! com (Matthew Swift)
Date:       2012-09-21 20:45:47

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM, Derek Knapp <derek.knapp at me.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, figured this out after banging my head against the
> wall a few times.. really wasn't that complicated, just looked at the pom
> file for the 3.0.0-OPENAMp1... but for some reason it took some time for me
> to figure this out :)
>
> The reason I needed to get the jar's separately was I am building this in
> to a osgi-bundle to be used in Glassfish for my custom login module. I
> guess therefore it does not include the dependencies in the resulting jar
> (I don't know if this is just because of my pom's settings, or a more
> general thing with osgi-bundle's)

I see, normally when you build things in Maven the dependencies are not
included in the final artifact - even for bundles. Have you taken a look at
the Maven Shade plugin?:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-shade-plugin/

You can use this plugin to suck all the dependencies into a single
monolithic Jar. We use it for the SDK examples in order to make it easier
for people to play with.

Hope this helps,

Matt