List:       forgerock-openam-dev
Subject:    [OpenAM-dev] OPENAM-826: deleting debug files on a remote server?
From:       iwakata () osstech ! co ! jp (IWAKATA Yasushi)
Date:       2012-06-19 8:54:10

Dear ForgeRock Developer Team,

Hi.  We are working on OPENAM-826 "Clear or refresh Debug Log files" and
need to have your opinion on how it should be implemented.

https://bugster.forgerock.org/jira/browse/OPENAM-826

I have attached five images of the console (OpenAM_1 to OpenAM_5) to
describe how our current implementation works:

OpenAM_1:  Choose a server to modify debug settings.
OpenAM_2:  Choose "Debugging"
OpenAM_3:  Choose "Clear Debug Logs"
OpenAM_4:  Select a file/files you want to clear
OpenAM_5:  Selected file(s) are cleared

The problem is that files are deleted not on the server chosen at
"OpenAM_1", but on the server the administrator first logged in.  I am
afraid this is confusing and would like to get your opinions about it.

If we add some messages to warn on which server the files will be
deleted, then is our current implementation still usable?  Otherwise we
need to think how to delete files on a remote server.  Do you have any
idea?  It should not involve additional configuration steps because the
sole purpose of OpenAM-826 is to make administrators' life a little
easier.  If the setup procedure is more time consuming than deleting
debug files, then there is no justification for this "improvement".

Best Regards,
yasushi