List:       forgerock-openam
Subject:    [OpenAM] setup error, due to opendj
From:       findmoin () gmail ! com (Moinuddin Y)
Date:       2013-12-31 10:50:02

Hi,

while setting up Openam I am getting the following error in the install log,

Running OpenDJ setupSetup command: --cli --adminConnectorPort -1 --baseDN
dc=openam,dc=forgerock,dc=org --rootUserDN cn=Directory Manager --ldapPort
-1 --skipPortCheck --rootUserPassword xxxxxxx --jmxPort -1 --no-prompt
--doNotStart --hostname sso.central 247-inc.net An error occurred while
parsing the command-line arguments: An unexpected error occurred while
attempting to initialize the command-line arguments: The provided value
"-1" for argument --adminConnectorPort is not acceptable: The
provided adminconnectorport value -1 is unacceptable because it is below
the lower bound of 1

I assume this is due to the default port for OpenDJ being -1, but the
strange thing is I did not get this error when I deployed openam default
configuration earlier.

I have taken care of the following,
1. running as a non-root user,
2. using the latest war for openam,
3. running default configuration,
4. I dont need opendj, just openam (can I choose only openam)

on trying the custom configuration, using the ports, 50389, 5444, 1689 for
the port, admin port and jmx port under configuration store section, I get
the following error in install.log,

Import task 20131231102010795 has been successfully completed
...Success
AMSetupServlet.processRequest:
errorcom.sun.identity.common.configuration.ConfigurationException: OpenDJ
cannot be started.
        at
com.sun.identity.setup.AMSetupServlet.setupEmbeddedDS(AMSetupServlet.java:844)
        at
com.sun.identity.setup.AMSetupServlet.setupSMDatastore(AMSetupServlet.java:890)
        at
com.sun.identity.setup.AMSetupServlet.configure(AMSetupServlet.java:962)
        at
com.sun.identity.setup.AMSetupServlet.processRequest(AMSetupServlet.java:639)
        at
com.sun.identity.config.wizard.Wizard.createConfig(Wizard.java:304)
        at
        at

has anyone experienced this problem before ?

regards,
Moin