List:       forgerock-openam
Subject:    [OpenAM] User Profile Attribute
From:       patch_78 () hotmail ! com (Patcharee Thongtra)
Date:       2011-10-27 7:42:15

I changed the name format that OpenAM (SP) sends to IDP from transient to persistent.
So now OpenAM (SP) can save user profile attributes!

From: patch_78@hotmail.com
To: openam at forgerock.org
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 22:55:56 -0800
Subject: Re: [OpenAM] User Profile Attribute

Hi Peter,

It seems the reason that OpenAM does not write user profile attribute is also from \
NAMEID_TRANSIENT_FORMAT as below

boolean isTransient = \
SAML2Constants.NAMEID_TRANSIENT_FORMAT.equals(nameId.getFormat());

My question is if IDP sends attribute as

<saml:Attribute Name="uid">
<saml:AttributeValue xsi:type="xs:string" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" \
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">09078903012</saml:AttributeValue>
 </saml:Attribute>

Will transient name format is set by default ? Can I set other name format as default \
in stead of transient ?

--Patcharee