List:       forgerock-openam
Subject:    [Openam] Fwd: OpenAM Identity Services
From:       kalinchih () gmail ! com (=?Big5?B?psCzzbVZL0thbGluIENoaWg=?=)
Date:       2010-11-20 17:10:43

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your reply.

My company has numerous customer data which are stored in 2 account
databases by region.

We?re planning to merge the accounts in the feature.

Before the account migration, I think the multi-realms might be a solution.

My use case: (please see the attached image, SSO.jpg)

   - The customers in ?Account DB1? can *only* access the ?SP 1? and ?SP 2?.
   - The customers in ?Account DB2? can *only* access the SP 3 and ?SP 4?.
   - However, the ?SP 5? provides service for some accounts in ?DB 1? or ?DB
   2?, and we build an account mapping DB for the SP5?s customers.
   - If the account both in ?DB 1? and ?Account mapping DB?, the account can
   access ?SP 1?, ?SP 2?, and ?SP 5?.
   - If the account both in ?DB 2? and ?Account mapping DB?, the account can
   access ?SP 3?, ?SP 4?, and ?SP 5?.

So I think after the user passes the authentication, the SP side has to get
the realm information to determine whether provide the service or not.

Do you think is the multi-realms (multi-authentication modules) in one IdP a
solution for this situation?

Thanks again,
Kalin