List:       forensics
Subject:    Reading data from MYM and CPBackup?
From:       Peter Theobald <forensics () TurtleCoveTech ! com>
Date:       2007-03-02 1:38:52

I have a case with data files from Managing Your Money V.8 for DOS. I cannot read \
these files as they are in a proprietary format. The software vendor, MECA, has been \
out of business for many years. I have tried reading them with MYM V12 for Windows, \
upgrading them with a program called Conv9, converting them to Quicken with MYM2QIF. \
Nothing seems able to read the old MYM V.8 data files. Does anyone have a copy of MYM \
                V8 or some insight on how to extract this data?
---
Also, on the same case, we have a backup made with Central Point Software's CPBackup \
that came with the PCTOOLS software sometime back in 1990-1992.  That software is \
also no longer available. Does anyone have a way to recover CPBackup files?

Thanks
Peter Theobald

Peter J. Theobald
KLG Computer Forensics, LLC