List:       forensics
Subject:    Re: obtaining an image from a damaged SD chip
From:       bsmathers () reypd ! com
Date:       2006-11-01 18:34:56

Yeah, I have run into this a few times. However, the card would still read in the camera I took it from, as well as my (PocketPC) PDA. You can try the original camera (if you have it) to see if it reads the disk. I don't know how this will particularly help you forensically, but I have used both the camera and my PDA for just data recovery before.