List:       forensics
Subject:    Re: Drive hashing-when is it *really* necessary?
From:       Anders Thulin <Anders.Thulin () tietoenator ! com>
Date:       2005-03-27 12:54:14

Trevor Odonnal wrote:

  > Does anybody have specific data concerning the statistical reliability
 >of hashes compared to DNA and fingerprinting? With references please.

   No statistics, I'm afraid -- but take a look at New Scientist,
15 November 2003, and the cover story 'The Stranger Within' which suggests
that DNA signatures may not be quite as strong as they seem to be supposed
to be.

--
Anders Thulin   anders.thulin@tietoenator.com   040-661 50 63
TietoEnator Telecom & Media AB, Box 85, SE-201 20 Malmö