List:       forensics
Subject:    Re: Autopsy vs. FTK
From:       Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-14 17:56:28

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 11:25:28 -0600, Evidence Technology
<le@evidencetechnology.net> wrote:
> Greg, I know you've already solved your original issue, but I'm almost
> certain I saw something in the notes for the latest release of FTK about
> getting rid of that 2,000,000-item search limit. I just skimmed the list of
> new features, but you might want to check it when you have a minute.
>
> Best,
>
> Jerry Hatchett, CCE

We called and talked to their support.  The limit will be eliminated
in the 2.0 version.  It requires an upgrade of the database they are
using to hold objects, so I assume they are waiting for a major
release to make such a big internal change.

That will be nice because we are seeing more and more cases where
2,000,000 does not meet the need.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer