List:       forensics
Subject:    Re: Acquiring Large Raids
From:       Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx ! net>
Date:       2005-03-09 15:42:58

On March 8, 2005 06:59 am, Davidoff, Arieh (x1145) wrote:
> [...]

Buffallo Terastation. 4 drive raid5, 1 Terabyte, GigE - USD$1K

(EMC and the other "enterprise" storage vendors have a lot to
worry about from these new commodity raid boxes. I can buy
10-15 terastations for the price they charge for equivalent,
mirror them all or use them as historical snapshots and throw
away any boxes that break for the same price. :-)

There are other solutions too... I have a non raid four drive USB/1394
terabyte enclosure here about the size of an american football,
but the Terastation is nice because it includes the server/GigE.

cheers,
--dr

P.s. prolly worth carrying a gigE nic with you for forensics like
that. 100baseT is quite a bottleneck, at 42Mbps real node--to-node.

--
World Security Pros. Cutting Edge Training, Tools, and Techniques
Vancouver, Canada	May 4-6 2005  http://cansecwest.com