List:       forensics
Subject:    RE: imaging apple disks
From:       <etienne.meersschaut () belgacom ! be>
Date:       2003-07-17 13:18:14

The easiest way to image a Mac computer is to use the Target Disk Mode
(TDM) with a firewire connection to the host.

Invoke the TDM by pressing the T key during the boot and wait for the
Firewire symbol on the screen.  The host must be XP or W2K (no macdrive
reading drivers may be installed),

The target can be:

Mac OS 8.6 or later

* PowerBook (FireWire)
* PowerBook G4
* PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
* PowerBook G4 (DVI)
* iBook (FireWire)
* iBook SE (FireWire)
* iBook (Dual USB)
* iBook (Late 2001)
* iBook (14.1 LCD)
* iBook (16 VRAM)
* iBook (14.1 LCD 16 VRAM)
* Power Mac G4 (AGP Graphics) with ATA drive
* Power Mac G4 Cube
* Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)
* Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio)
* Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver)
* Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 2002)
* iMac (Slot Loading) with Firmware version 2.4 or later
* iMac (Summer 2000)
* iMac (Early 2001)
* iMac (Summer 2001)
* iMac (Flat Panel)