List:       forensics
Subject:    RE: 'touch' on Win32
From:       "crazytrain.com" <subscribe () crazytrain ! com>
Date:       2002-01-11 22:15:36

Carv

a couple of things here.

1) I have had just a couple of instances where touch or similiar was used
on a system.  These were servers that were broken into.  I can't say much
more than that.

2) I don't think you'll find this too common, as your refer. to the LE
response shows.  For home users and most corp. users, I don't think they'll
take the time to use such a tool.
For a skilled person, this is where everything goes out the window.  I
think if you look to the environment, say finance/banking, that'll be
indicative if such a tool MAY be used.

Sure, anything, anywhere, anytime is possible.  But, again, in most cases,
I don't think you'll need to worry about this.   When you have a high
profile, hush hush environment, wherein there is a purposeful and driving
reason to mod. file times, that is where I would start to look.

hope this helps

farmerdude