List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: Displaying different languages in PDF
From:       Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delmelle () telenet ! be>
Date:       2016-03-28 19:37:43

Hi

> On 28 Mar 2016, at 13:18, Sunrita Bagchi Basu <sunrita.wrk@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have to display texts of various languages e.g. Chinese, japanese, Korean, \
> Spanish, etc I added font-family="Calibri, 'MS Mincho', Batang, serif, SimSun" in \
> the xsl:fo file, though didn't install/embed any fonts. This worked when running in \
> Windows.  But the same fails to work within a Tomcat server in centOS.
> it shows errors such as :
> catalina.out:[WARN] Glyph "杰" (0x6770) not available in font "Times-Roman".
>
> catalina.out:[WARN] Glyph "出" (0x51fa) not available in font "Times-Roman".
>
> catalina.out:[WARN] Glyph "班" (0x73ed) not available in font "Times-Roman".
>

> I have not mentioned Times-Roman to be used as the font, so I am a bit confused how \
> is this one getting picked?

"Times-Roman" is the default Base14 font that is used for "serif", that is why. It \
indicates that none of the other specified font-families are available in that \
environment. On Windows, if you have font auto-detection enabled, they are all \
available, which explains why it works in one environment, but not in the other.

One solution would be to make sure all those font files are available in a location \
where they can be reached from within the servlet context.

Hope this helps!

KR

Andreas