List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: Object reuse, and speeds
From:       Dave Thorn <davet () fysh ! org>
Date:       2012-11-08 10:25:01

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 09:37:57AM +0000, Mehdi Houshmand wrote:

[snip]
> try trunk and let me know if that helps; what you should find is that
> the first creation of the Fop object is as costly as it was before, but
> subsequent instantiations of the object shouldn't have as much of a
> performance impact.
>
> Let me know if that does what you're looking for,

Actually, that helps without me having to checkout the trunk.

If I actually simulate more closely proper application behaviour
(i.e. create one fopFactory and create-and-use multiple Fop
objects) then for the subsequent Fop object creations the time
drops to ~40-60ms.

I should really have tried that first.  But thank you.

I will try to put off using 1.1 until it's in the central maven
repository.

--
dave thorn

Hi, I'm from the Internet.