List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: fop 0.95 & SVG & PDF & font embedding
From:       Klaus Malorny <Klaus.Malorny () knipp ! de>
Date:       2009-12-08 13:21:17

On 08/12/09 13:44, Pascal Sancho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Batik (SVG engine used by FOP) uses fonts installed on your system.
> Threfore, you need to both set it in FOP conf ig file AND make it
> available in your system.
> See FOP list archive [1] for further info.
>
> [1] http://old.nabble.com/Japanese-fonts-in-SVG-fop-0.95-to26513163.html
>
> HTH,
> Pascal

Hi Pascal,

thanks for the information. So I just to have to figure out how to install fonts
on Unix *without* trashing the shared Java installation ;-)

By the way, in the meantime I recovered my old installation and discovered that
my memories were wrong -- it did not work neither with 0.93. I used SVGs with
text converted to curves back then.

Regards,

Klaus