List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: [!! SPAM]  font configuration
From:       Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-14 16:31:41

Ming Yu wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to make an existing stylesheet to work with my xml file. But it has \
> lines like this:
> <fo:block font="bold 8pt arial"> and <fo:table-cell border-bottom=".6pt solid \
> black">, etc.
> When I compile, the engine complains:
>
> SEVERE: Ignoring property: font="bold 16pt arial" (No conversion defined bold; \
> property:'font')
> Because neither font nor border-bottom is a valid attribute, I have to define them \
> somewhere. Is it in the font configuration file? I used this to set my font \
> configuration file location in java:

font and border-bottom are shorthand properties. To use them you must
specify the values list in the correct order. Looking at the spec the
order seems correct. I suggest you try specifying the properties
individually instead, e.g. font-weight="bold" font-size="16pt"
font-family="arial"

> fopFactory.setFontBaseURL("file:///C:/xslfoFont/fo.xconf");
>
> But I don't know how to define the font="bold 8pt arial" or border-bottom=".6pt \
> solid black" in the file.

Try using the individual properties instead of the shorthands.

> Can someone help me on this?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Thanks,

Chris