List:       fop-user
Subject:    Re: AFM parsing exception
From:       Jeremias Maerki <dev () jeremias-maerki ! ch>
Date:       2008-03-31 8:53:17

Thanks for your feedback! I've fixed a number of things:

This not only fixes the problem you describe but also the necessity to
have PFM files in the first place. I will see if I can easily backport
this change into the 0.95 branch (the changes are on Trunk as I've
already improved Type 1 support in Trunk) so this gets into the final
0.95 release.

On 30.03.2008 13:44:20 helgoboss wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> At first, I'd like to thank all FOP developers for that valuable piece of
> software. I just finished my diploma thesis using DocBook 5.0 and Fop 0.94
> and the result looks wonderful.
>
> In order to combine the beautiful LaTeX font Computer Modern with the
> advantages of XML publishing, I've downloaded a type1 unicode variant of
> this font (http://canopus.iacp.dvo.ru/~panov/cm-unicode/) and made it
> available to FOP. Natively it consists only of AFM and PFB files. In 0.94,
> there didn't exist an AFM parser so I used a utility called CrossFont in
> order to convert the AFM files to PFM files.
>
> Yesterday I saw that 0.95Beta already has an AFM parser and tried to use the
> font without the generated PFM files. However, following exception occurred:
>
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "parr"
> 	at
> java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:48)
> 	at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:447)
> 	at org.apache.xmlgraphics.fonts.Glyphs.hexToChar(Glyphs.java:333)
> 	at
> org.apache.xmlgraphics.fonts.Glyphs.getUnicodeSequenceForGlyphName(Glyphs.java:380)
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.AFMFile.addCharMetrics(AFMFile.java:319)
> 	at
> org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.AFMParser.parseCharMetrics(AFMParser.java:264)
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.AFMParser.parse(AFMParser.java:201)
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.AFMParser.parse(AFMParser.java:175)
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.type1.Type1FontLoader.read(Type1FontLoader.java:85)
>
> The same exception occurred in the recent SVN revision 641827.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Regards
> Benjamin Klum
>

> --